In this tutorial you’ll be learning how to Root Micromax A116 HD and install CWM recovery on it. To root Micromax A116 HD can be a little bit of long task. This is a 100% working guide to rooting the phone and installing CWM recovery on it. I highly recommend that you read – Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM for Micromax A116 HD (Canvas 4) – after this tutorial.
Micromax A116 Canvas HD is an awesome phone with cool features and it provides a great experience.
The phone has a IPS LCD display which allows it show colors at its max. The 5.0 inch screen adds to the fun of the brilliant color quality.
It has 1 GB of RAM which allows it to play full HD 1080p videos without any lag. It has great multitasking capability.It possesses a 1.2 GHz processor which makes it a powerful companion.
If we talk of the camera then it proves to be outstanding there too. It has an 8 Mega Pixels primary camera which is capable of taking images of 3264 x 2448 pixels resolution.
Okay, the phone has got a lot to talk about but this post is all about the Rooting process for Micromax A116 owners.
Also Read: The Dangers of Rooting your Android Phone
How to Root And Install CWM recovery on Micromax Canvas A116
- Make sure you have 70% to 80% battery power.
- Enable USB debugging on your Phone: Go to ” Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging ”
- Backup your Phone Data such as SMSes and Phone contacts.
- Install the USB drivers on your PC from here.
Download the following software:
Steps to Install CWM Recovery on Your Phone
1. Extract the files in Sp Flash Tool.zip file and then execute Flass Tool.exe
2. Now in the Smart Phone Flash Tool Window click on Scatter Loading button and then select MTK Android Scatter emmc.txt file.
3. Now you’ll see several entries in the list in Smart Phone Flash Tool window. You need to only select the Recovery - see image below.
4. Now click on Recovery button on the SPFT window and then locate the recovery.img you downloaded earlier.
5. Now go to Flash tools and Click on USB mode to check and enable it. Now go to Options > DA Download All > Speed > Force to High Speed.
6. Take out battery and SIM of your Micromax HD A116.
7. Now click on Download button on the Smart Phone Flash Tool window. Ignore all warnings and hit YES.
8. Now you need to insert the battery and Connect your Phone to your PC via USB cable while holding the Volume Up key. The flashing process will start.
[alert style="green"] Interrupting the Process can lead to bricking your Phone. [/alert]
9. After the process ends you’ll see a green ring on your phone which indicates that the process was successful.
10. Now reboot your phone in to Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold the “Volume Up + Volume Down +Power key”. Choose the recovery mode on next screen and you should see CWM Recovery on your Micromax Canvas A116 HD.
After installing CWM recovery lets Root Micromax A116 now.
Steps to Root A116 Canvas HD
Now copy the above files to the root of your Phone’s SD card.
Now boot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power key.
While in CWM Recovery do a Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition. Then go to advanced and select Wipe dalvik cache.
Now get back to the main menu and select the option – Install Zip from SD card and then scroll and select the Superuser 3.1.3-arm-signed.zip (SU Package). Similarly install SU Bin-3.1.1-arm-signed-.zip.
After the above processes end do a reboot. You’ll see the SuperUser app in the installed apps section which indicates that your A116 Canvas HD is Rooted and has CWM Recovery installed on it.
You can double check if your phone is rooted or not by downloading Root Checker from Google Play.
So, it was a simple tutorial to Root Micromax A116 Canvas and install CWM Recovery on it.
If you are unable to carry out the tutorial then please feel free to ask in the comment section below.