Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM for Micromax A116 HD (Canvas 4)
Canvas4HD Custom ROM for Micromax A116 HD: Micromax launched their flagship phone of the year this month. Its the Canvas 4, a robust phone with ground breaking features at and expected affordable price tag. Such features have attracted XDA developers to develop Canvas4HD Custom ROM for Micromax A116 HD. This custom Rom is based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean and is designed to provide customizations and better performance of Micromax A116 HD.
Lets get started with the real Process.
Features of Canvas4HD Custom ROM for Micromax A116 HD
New Unlock Tricks: Blow to Unlock, Shake to Unlock
New Camera features: Multi Angle View Shot and Vertical Paranoma
Swipe to control Video
Answer call by bringing phone near ear
Automatic Contact Dialing when near ear.
And much more…
I hope by reading the above features of this custom ROM you are excited to boost your Canvas A116 HD to get the feel of Canvas 4. Follow our guide to installing Canvas4HD Custom ROM on Canvas A116 HD. So, lets get started with the Upgrading process.
Please follow each and every step carefully. Android’s Creed recommends you to read all the steps before executing them. Just in case you end up bricking your smartphone or making any other fault in your Micromax Canvas A116 HD then we won’t be held liable for that.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to “Settings > Applications > Developement > USB Debugging”
- Make sure your phone battery is charged at least 70%
- Backup your Phone data such as SMS, Contacts and apps etc.
- Your phone has to be rooted and have CWM Recovery installed on it. Follow this simple guide to Root your Micromax A116 HD.
Download the ROM files : Canvas4 HD Custom ROM for Micromax A116 HD
Install Canvas4 HD Custom ROM on Canvas A116 HD
- First of All; Download the ROM files : Canvas 4HD Custom ROM for Micromax A116 HD
- Now place the files downloaded in Step 1 to your phone’s SD card Root.
- Switch your Phone Off and then boot into ClocksWork Mod Recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the following key combination – “Volume Up + Power Key”. (To Scroll in the Recovery Mod, press the volume keys and to select an option press the Power key)
- Now you have to do a full data wipe, you can do this by selecting the “wipe data/factory reset” option and “wipe cache partition”. Now, go to ADVANCED and then select “wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Now step back to the main menu and choose “install zip from SD card” and then select the custom ROM .zip file you placed on your SD card in Step 2.
- Once you select the file, the upgrade process will start and it may take up to 5 minutes.
- Again go to the main menu and select “reboot system” now option.
For the first time when you boot into your shiny new Custom ROM it might take 10 to 15 minutes to start all services and apps.
Have Fun with the Canvas4HD ROM on your A116.
If you face any trouble during the upgrade process then feel free to ask in the comment section below.
If you want a tutorial on a particular topic then click here.
Canvas4 HD Custom ROM update Tutorial for Micromax A116 HD to enjoy Canvas 4